3. Oats Contain a Powerful Soluble Fiber Called Beta-Glucan
Oats contain large amounts of beta-glucan, a type of soluble fiber.
Beta-glucan partially dissolves in water and forms a thick, gel-like solution in the gut.
The health benefits of beta-glucan fiber include:
- Reduced LDL and total cholesterol levels
- Reduced blood sugar and insulin response
- Increased feeling of fullness
- Increased growth of good bacteria in the digestive tract
Crucial: Oats are high in the soluble fiber beta-glucan, which has numerous benefits. It helps reduce cholesterol and blood sugar levels promote healthy gut bacteria and increases feelings of fullness.